COLOR FORMULA: Pink Dream
Jacqueline Aquino (@jacquelineaquino), based in San Diego at Hair Drezzers On Fire Salon, loves to give her clients exactly what they want. She is known for her balayage and styling techniques. Music, style, and culture are all inspirations and all find a way into her work. That is the case with this color design. "This client had a grown out ombré with a level 6 grown out root. She wanted something beautiful and different. She showed me pictures of pink hair so we gave her this 'pink dream'. She is also an artist herself and draws, so she needed something fun and sophisticated but still fresh of course!"
Here Aquino shares the HOW TO:
STEP 1 :
-Section hair into 4 quadrants.
-Starting in the back apply Wella Blondor with 20 volume developer from 1/4 away from root and 1/4 away from ends. Repeat the same with the front two sections except use 30 volume to catch up with the back (depending on application speed.)
- Go back to the back sections and apply remaining lightener to the roots. (if you need to mix more make sure your consistency is the same as before), repeat same steps with the front.
- Check frequently and process to desired lift.
- Process to level 8-9 (depending on desired effect. Rinse with cool water.
- Apply UNITE purple shampoo and lather. Process for 2-3 minutes. Rinse and towel dry.
- Mix Wella Instamatic Pink Dream with Color Touch 6 volume developer. (For this length use 3/4 of tube and the ratio mix is 1:2).
- Apply Pink Dream section by section in shampoo bowl. Make sure everything is saturated well.
- Process for 15-20 minutes (or until desired color is achieved).
- Rinse with cool water.