How-To: Fishtail Chignon
For Spring 2016, Galia Lahav unveiled two collections, one inspired by romantic capitals around the world, and the other drawing inspiration from Gothic architecture and medieval princesses. The elegant, romantic themes of the gowns in these collections were complemented by fishtail chignons, created by Josie Sanchez, master stylist at Dop Dop Salon. Sophisticated, without being too lavish, this updo is perfect for a bride or clients attending holiday parties.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Densité, spray liberally.
2. Dry product into hair using a blow-dryer and fingers to keep natural texture.
3. Create a center part.
4. Take large sections of hair and spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Infinium 3 then use a curling wand, starting at the mid-lengths to create loose waves.
5. Rake hands through waves to loosen/roughen up.
6. Create three sections, one in the back and one on either side of the head, clip back the front sections.
7. With remaining hair in back of head, pull back softly into a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
8. Create a fishtail braid then secure with an elastic. Pull braid apart from sides to create texture.
9. Flip fishtail braid upward and roll into a soft low chignon and secure with pins.
10. Release clips from front sections and gently pull back hair and pin into the chignon.
11. Finish by pulling out some pieces at the crown to create softness.