How-To: Kate Hudson's Smooth Center Part
Kate Hudson rocked a smooth center part with gentle bend at the Rock the Kasbah movie premiere in New York last night. David Babaii, brand ambassador for ghd, North America, styled her long hair in elegant but understated waves—the perfect complement to her backless, gold sequined gown.
“I wanted to create a chic, sleek and effortless look to complement Kate’s personality,” said Babaii.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Apply Matrix StyleLink Smooth Setter Smooth Cream and Smooth Setter Serum to towel dried hair and comb through.
2. Dry hair using ghd Air Hairdryer and Ceramic Vented Radial Brush size 3.
3. Part hair down the middle and divide into three sections, two in the front and one in the back.
4. For additional heat protection, spritz Matrix StyleLink Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray and then, starting with the section in the back, smooth hair with the ghd Platinum Styler.
5. With the rounded edges of the ghd Platinum Styler, create subtle bends at the ends of the hair for effortless waves.
6. Use a dime sized amount of Matrix StyleLink Gloss Booster for added shine and the StyleLink Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray to complete the look.