Formula How-To: Dimensional Mocha by TIGI
The silhouette technique brings emphasis to the perimeter shape around the face, which creates lift and brightens the complexion. Working with a variation of color levels creates a perfect silhouette effect.
FORMULAS & APPLICATION:
Natural level 5/0 (Light Brown)
Formula 1: 30 g TIGI Rich Suede gloss 4/30 + 30 g 6/30 with 90 g activator 8.5 volume/2.55%
Formula 2: 40 g Light Suede gloss 6/30 with 60 g activator 8.5 volume/2.55%
Formula 3: 40 g True Light with 60 g activator 8.5 volume/2.55%
Formula 4: 30 g Camel gloss 7/32 with 45 g activator 8.5 volume/2.55%
1. To pre-section, create a profile parting from the forehead to the top crown. Then create a circular section from the profile parting, two inches back from the hairline, to the high recession. Next, secure a large, circular section from the high recession, ending behind the ear. In total, this creates two sections around the perimeter. Repeat on the opposite side. Create a horizontal parting from the radial to radial at the low crown and secure the back two sections. This creates a total of six sections.
2. Take a horizontal parting and apply Formula 1 to the new growth, then lengths and ends. Protect the nape area using a TIGI Copyright Colour meche strip. Continue working through to the low crown.
3. From the low crown, take horizontal partings and apply Formula 1 to new growth through to mid-lengths. Using a freehand blending technique, apply Formula 2 to lengths and ends. Isolate the section using a meche strip.
4. Progress to the side circular section and take a slight diagonal parting. Apply Formula 1 to new growth, then through midlengths. With a freehand blending technique, apply Formula 3 to lengths and ends. Isolate the section using a meche strip. When completed, repeat on the opposite side.
5. Progress to the last section. Take fine slices and apply Formula 1 to new growth, then through the mid-lengths. With a freehand blending technique, apply Formula 3 to lengths and ends. Isolate the section using meche strips. Repeat on the opposite side.
6. Between each slice, apply Formula 1 from new growth through mid-lengths. Process for 20 minutes, emulsify and rinse. Shampoo and condition.
7. Apply Formula 4 to pre-lightened sections. Process up to 20 minutes, emulsify, rinse and shampoo.
Hair: Renee Valerie for TIGI
Photography: Alex Barron-Hough
Makeup: Pat Mascolo and Amy Barrington
Fashion styling: Jiv D
For more information, visit www.tigiprofessional.com.