Formula How-To: Hazelnut Halo by Keune
A rich, chocolate root melts beautifully into painted copper tones, borrowing from the past and pushing forward with the influence of modern applications.
FORMULAS & APPLICATION:
Natural level 4
Formula 1: Keune Tinta Color, 30 g 5.34 Light Golden Copper Brown with 30 g 10-volume Cream Developer
Formula 2: 15 g 8.3 Light Golden Blonde + 15 g 5.34 Light Golden Copper Brown with 30 g 20-volume Cream Developer
Formula 3: 30 g 8.3 Light Golden Blonde with 30 g 30-volume Cream Developer
1. Apply Formula 1 to the base. Extend to varied degrees (1-to-2 ½ inches) throughout the mid-lengths.
2. To melt the extended base color, take an arched section from the high point of the head to the front of the ear and down to the corner back of the nape on both sides. Begin at the bottom of this section using an open-face foil technique with Keune’s new transparent foil.
3. Taking ¼-inch sections, apply Formula 2 onto the base color through the mid-lengths. Feather with Keune’s new Angle Brush to create a melting effect. Then apply Formula 3 to the mid-lengths and ends, using a feathering motion to blend. Cover with transparent foil.
4. Using ⅛-inch partings, pull through Formula 1 onto entire section of hair left between the painted foils. Repeat the foil-to-foil application, and continue through entire section.
5. Once foils are completed, apply Formula 1 to all hair left outside of the foiled sections. Process 30 minutes. Then shampoo and condition.
Keune art director hair: Ilham Mestour
Keune color director: Kim Koffijberg
Hairstylists: Keune Academy Team
Fashion styling: Amber Myhre Bosch
Makeup: Barbara Oliemans
For more information, visit www.keune.com.