4 Statement Hairstyles to Have In Your Repertoire This Holiday Season
As the party-going season quickly approaches, clients will be looking for trendy, wearable styles. KMS California Style Council Member Sam Burnett has shared his tips on creating four looks that will satisfy clients hoping to turn heads at their next holiday event.
THE COOL PONYTAIL
- Use ADDVOLUME shampoo to add volume and fullness to your hair.
- Apply ADDVOLUME volumizing spray all over.
- Blow dry your hair away from your face using a medium-sized round brush. Gently backcomb the hair.
- Spray HAIRSTAY maximum hold spray through your hair for long-lasting support.
- Using your hands, gently pull the hair up and over your head (away from the face), smoothing the top down as you go, and into a ponytail at the back. Secure with an elastic hair band.
- Gently tug at the hair on the top of your head to lift it slightly and to create more volume. Lightly backcomb your ponytail to give it more volume. Spray with HAIRSTAY maximum hold spray for long-lasting hold.
THE FAUX BOB
- Use MOISTREPAIR shampoo to moisturize and repair your hair.
- Spray FREESHAPE hot flex spray all over your hair.
- Part your hair at the side and blow dry using a vent brush.
- Curl small sections with a 1" (2.5cm) curling tong.
- Starting on the right-hand side, curl the first section away from your face.
- Work your way around your head in small sections until you reach the other side.
- Finish with the remaining top section, curling your hair away from your face.
- Let your hair cool, then gently shake it out.
- Part your hair into three sections, one on each side and one at the back.
- Gently backcomb and roll each section up and under, then secure with a pin.
- Gently pull at your hair to create a loose, natural shape.
- Put a hair clip into your hair on one side.
- Finish with FREESHAPE 2-in-1 styling+ finishing.
SLEEK + CHIC CHIGNON
- Use TAMEFRIZZ shampoo to smooth your hair and reduce frizz.
- Apply 1 to 2 pumps TAMEFRIZZ de-frizz oil to wet hair.
- Comb through, parting your hair on one side.
- Blow dry your hair, straightening and smoothing it as you go using a paddle brush.
- Divide your hair into 3 ponytails at the nape and secure each with an elastic hair band.
- Take one ponytail and divide it into two smaller ponytails. Twist them around each other to create a 'rope' effect.
- Secure with an elastic hair band, then roll it into a bun and secure with a pin.
- Do the same with the other two ponytails.
- Place 2 gold-colored elastic hair bands over each bun to create an X. Gently tease a few strands out for a slightly tousled look. Finish with HAIRSTAY maximum hold spray for lasting hold.
- Use MOISTREPAIR shampoo to restore moisture and to regenerate the hair.
- Apply HAIRPLAY molding paste to towel-dried hair to add suppleness whilst giving it definition. Blow your hair dry, using a vent brush to brush it back and away from your face.
- Spray HAIRPLAY dry wax all over your hair whilst combing your fingers through it, moving it back and away from your face, for a tousled yet defined look.