THIS WEEKEND: The 2016 International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE) in Long Beach
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) will be hosting the International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE) on January 30th-February 1st, 2016. ISSE will return to the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California. Recognized by Trade Show News Network as one of the industry’s leading shows, ISSE expects to attract tens of thousands of licensed professionals each day.
“The Professional Beauty Association is proud to host the 2016 International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE), which brings together the industry’s most influential beauty professionals. From the minute you walk onto the floor, you can feel the energy and excitement of this can’t miss show,” says Steve Sleeper, Executive Director for the Professional Beauty Association. “We’re expecting an even bigger showing this year, and look forward to bringing in new, high-profile educators as well as the most-in demand exhibitors.”
ISSE Long Beach 2015
Highlights for the 2016 Show:
- ISSE Passport: New this year – the ISSE Passport is a three-day ticket providing attendees a discounted price with more flexibility to choose which days to attend. The ISSE Passport has member and non-member pricing, and does not include paid events.
- 2016 Beauty Pitch Launch: ISSE 2016 will kick-off the 2016 Beauty Pitch competition. This one of a kind event held during PBA’s Beauty Week and hosted by Cosmoprof North America (CPNA), is focused on helping beauty entrepreneurs connect with investors. Celebrity guests, industry experts, and participating investment groups will be revealed at ISSE.
- North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) Deconstructed by Charlie Price: NAHA veteran Charlie Price will construct a NAHA entry from concept and story-boarding, to model selection, to choosing the best photographer during this online, 3-part webinar series. Attendees will watch as his collection comes to life at ISSE 2016.
- Education Featuring the Industry’s Industry’s Biggest Names: ISSE 2016 will feature: George Alderete, Chrystofer Benson, Andrew Carruthers, Tabatha Coffey, Tracey Hughes, Anthony Gianotti “Anthony the Barber” and Sam Villa.
- PBA Beauty Bar: The Beauty Bar provides 10participating sponsors the opportunity to showcase their products to thousands of ISSE attendees for a good cause. All proceeds from the Beauty Bar support PBA’s Disaster Relief Fund which supports salon professionals in need.
- Ayurveda For Oncology: As host of CIDESCO Section USA Education, ISSE brings relevant and timely education to the show. Becky Keuhn with – Oncology Spa Solutions®, OE-USA, President of The International Society of Oncology Esthetics & Allied Professionals will present Ayurveda for Oncology. Which is a system of natural and holistic medicine, used in esthetics for the client going through traditional cancer treatments.
- The Nail Spot 2016: Dedicated to nail professionals the Nail Spot features creative and technical education. This year Sam Briddle with Orly will demonstrate and teach fundamental basics attendees can easily apply to create simple to complex designs.
- Hair and Barber Competitions: Hair competitions will be held on Sunday, January 31st with competitions for both junior and senior professionals. ISSE Passport included with registration. Categories include: Ladies’ Progressive Cut, Color and Style by OMC, Avant Garde by NAHA, and A Night at the Oscars®. Hot Hands Barber Brawl returns this year to ISSE on Monday, February 1st. With categories including: Student Barber Traditional, Traditional, Fastest Barber on Earth, and Original Tag Team.
ISSE Pricing is as follows:
PBA Members: $30
PBA Members: $20
*Excludes paid events and education. ISSE ticket prices increase on January 4, 2016.
Celebrity Stylist Ted Gibson on stage at ISSE Long Beach