NYFW How-To: Loose Curls by CHI for Sherri Hill F/W 2016
Sherri Hill's Fall 2016 Collection premiered during New York Fashion Week on February 12, 2016. With CHI Haircare as the show's official hairstyling team, the newly crowned Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach and Miss USA Olivia Jordan hit the runway with a sea of sensuous, soft waves.
CHI Global Artist Tammy Mixon was on hand to create each model’s look which captured a '70s Bohemian feel. According to Tammy, "The hair needed to complement this year’s collection with soft waves that were touchable and moved with the flow of each dress. Using CHI Haircare allowed us to accomplish the perfect loose curl."
GET THE LOOK:
1. Begin by separating the hair from the top of the left ear to the top of the right ear.
2. Starting at the back nape area, take 1 ½” sections and apply a small amount CHI Silk Infusion to the ends
3. Mist each section with CHI Magnified Volume Finishing Hair Spray. This flexible hold, fast drying spray with style memory will boost superior all day hold and increase shine.
4. Twist hair around the DURA CHI 1" Marcel Curling Iron vertically creating waves and hold for a few seconds. This iron ensures an easier feed of hair that helps to avoid fishhooks and creases, creating a beautiful, natural effect and added volume to the curl.
5. Next, curl the front hair sections going back in the same method as above twisting vertically around the iron.
6. On the top of the crown, make a cushion by lightly back combing the root area to create volume
7. Run your fingers or use a wide tooth comb to gently loosen the curls into softly textured waves.
8. To finish, lightly spray the hair with CHI Magnified Volume Finishing Spray for a flexible hold.