NYFW How-To: Second-Day Texture by Hot Tools and Phyto for Zero + Maria Cornejo F/W 2016
The Fall/Winter 2016 Zero + Maria Cornejo show featured second-day, undone hair texture by James Pecis for Hot Tools and Phyto. The inspiration for the look was down-to-earth, natural women. The center-parted, mussed-up texture is accented with bobby pins that keep the hair off the face and add a bit of finesse to the otherwise messy style.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Part the hair in the middle.
2. Prep the hair with Phyto Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray.
3. Twist the hair in two large sections and dry with the Hot Tools Tourmaline Ionic Professional Dryer.
4. Use the Hot Tools 1 ½” Professional Marcel Curling Iron around the face to create an “S” shape wave. Start by working from the top down and clamp the hair over and under the iron, repetitively.
5. Gather hair in small triangles around ears, and spray Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray. Press each section down so it looks fixed down.
6. Apply a pea size amount of the Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste at the crown. Rub it to give it slightly messy texture but leave the hair flat.
7. Secure each side with bobby pins right above the ear.