10 Ways to Help Ease the Pain for Your Waxing Clients
Reach for your flip flops, swimsuits and tank tops; spring has sprung and warm weather is here (at least for some of us). To ready your salon/spa for the influx of hair removal customers who are about to come out of their winter hibernation, help market your services by being known as the establishment that offers basically pain-free hair removal.
We asked Anna Bralley, Senior Manager, Product Development, Universal Companies, and licensed esthetician and nail technician how estheticians can eliminate pain for their clients before, during and after a hair-removal service.
Here, she offers us 10 tips:
1. Stick to the basics. (For example, don’t try to wax hair in shapes.)
2. Have your client take ibuprofen one hour prior to waxing.
3. Don’t wax when the client is menstruating or suffering with PMS.
4. Make sure the client’s hair is at least a 1/4 of an inch long.
5. Have the client stop shaving three to four weeks before the waxing appointment.
6. Have client exfoliate three weeks prior to the appointment.
7. Schedule appointments every three to four weeks. Each time the pain will get less severe.
9. Create a relaxing, spa-like environment with soothing music, etc.
10. Be professional and courteous. Uptight customers will experience more pain.
Have other tips that aren't mentioned above? Tell us below in the comments!