5 Tips To Instagram Stardom
Dominique Limone (@LimoneTree), a senior stylist at Platinum Salon, Tampa, Florida, was making a presentation on behalf of Paul Mitchell at the CosmoProfBeauty "Best Of The Best" show held this week in Darien, Connecticut. More than 450 salon pros were there taking in great education from Paul Mitchell, Rusk, Farouk and Beth Minardi.
One of the highlights of Limone's presentation occurred toward the end when Limone started chatting about Instagram. There were just a few minutes left so Limone was not able to answer the many questions that were asked about her IG success.
MODERN grabbed her right after she left the stage to ask her to give her top five tips on how to get more followers. This video offers multiple tips with elaboration on each (including tips about which APPS work best for photo editing), but in a nutshell:
1. Take BEFORE and AFTER photos. Not only are these more dramatic, but clients feel more positive about their hair!
2. Make sure you post in the morning or the evening, the time when most people (and salon pros) can easily access Instagram. Think breakfast time and after dinner (all based on your time zone.)
3. Do not use a filter or photoshop photos.
4. Make sure your bio tells who you are (colorist? stylist? nail artist?) and where you are based, including city AND state.
5. Hashtags are key. Always remember to tag #MODERNSALON. Limone knows she will get new clients each time MODERN reposts one of her photos.
Check out this short video interview and learn more from someone who has made Instagram work FOR her.
Some of our favorite transformations found @limonetree: