HOW-TO: Special Occasion - Modern French Roll Chignon
Modern French Roll Chignon (photo credit: L'oreal Professionnel)Photo By L'oreal Professionnel
Spotted on models at the Bibu Mohapatra Spring 2016 show at New York Fashion Week, Amit Abraham for L’Oreal Professionnel created this asymmetrical Modern French Roll with a dramatic C-part to complete the look. MODERN has the exclusive how-to on how to achieve this look using L’Oreal Professionnel products. Follow the steps below.
1. Prep hair with Dual Stylers Liss & Pump-Up and Tecni.Art Crépage de Chignon and power-dry.
2. On the right side of the head, create a C-shape parting from the high recession to the left nape of the neck to form two sections.
3. Spray Tecni.Art Densité and create an anchor braid on the low recession on the right side of the head. Gather hair, roll, twist and pin into braid from the round of the head to the center nape.
4. Smooth hair on the left side of the head and secure with a bungee.
5. In the ponytail, prep hair with True Grip and backcomb.
6. Spray Tecni.Art Next Day Hair and roll ponytail. Secure with hairpins and Tecni.Art Extreme Lacquer.
For more information about L'Oreal Professionnel, visit us.lorealprofessionnel.com.