HOW-TO: Rich Brunette with Dimension as Seen on Supermodel Alessandra Ambrósio
Brazilian model and actress Alessandra AmbrósioPhoto 1 of 6
Brazilian model and actress Alessandra AmbrósioPhoto 2 of 6
Headmapping GuidePhoto 3 of 6
Headmapping GuidePhoto 4 of 6
L'oreal Professionnel's Tecni.Art productsPhoto 6 of 6
Want supermodel haircolor? Now you can achieve this rich brunette with reflective dimension as seen on Brazilian model and actress, Alessandra Ambrósio. Follow the steps below to learn how you can use L'Oreal Professionnel's DIA Richesse haircolor and Tecni.Art stylers to replicate this look on your clients.
Formula 1: DIA Richesse 5.35/5GRv with DIActivateur 9-vol. developer
Formula 2: DIA Richesse Hi-Visibility .35/GRv Terracotta with DIActivateur 15-vol. developer
Block Color Sectioning
Create a sub-section from behind the ear to the bottom of the control point and clip away. (Fig. 1, 2)
1. Using a bottle, in Zone A, apply Formula 2, DIA Richesse Hi-Visibility .35/GRv Terracotta from re-growth to ends.
Isolate colored section from Zone B with Quick Mèches.
2. In Zone B, create three triangular sub-sections off of the natural parting and apply Formula 2 from re-growth to ends, isolate with Quick Mèches from the rest of the hair. (Fig. 3)
3. In the rest of Zone B, apply Formula 1, DIA Richesse 5.35/ 5GRv from re-growth to ends.
4. Process for up to 20 minutes.
Removal and Rinsing
1. Wet, emulsify, rinse and shampoo once with L’Oréal Professionnel post color shampoo.
2. Condition and lock in the color with Powerdose Color A-OX.
Create a profile parting from the center forehead to the center nape. And a radial parting, following the natural curve of the head, from the control point to behind the ears. (Fig. 1)
1. Diagonal forward sections are taken off the profile parting, from the occipital to the back of the ears. (Fig. 2)
2. With the head slightly forward, comb hair into the natural fall. Starting at the center back, establish your guide, by elevating by one fingers’ depth and cut horizontally. Repeat sectioning up to the radial parting. (Fig. 2)
3. Create a horseshoe parting from the control point from recession to recession and distribute remaining hair over the shoulder to cut to established guide on the right and left side. Over direct slightly towards the center-back to keep the corner in front of the ear. (Fig. 2)
4.Take a ½ inch vertical section from the crown to the nape and elevate at 90° from the round of the head. Allow the hair to fall away that doesn’t fit in your section. Cut square to establish the guide for long layers. (Fig. 3)
5. Take radial partings on the right and left side, bringing each to the stationary guide, following the cut line. (Fig. 3)
6. Continue the sectioning in the front of the head, over-directing to the established guide. Joining the front and back layering. (Fig. 3)
7. Use the tip of the nose as the reference point, at the front hairline comb hair to a 45° elevation pinching together and slide cut to establish the guide for forward graduation. Incorporate remaining hair, elevating 45° away from the face and slide cut visually from the top to the perimeter on both sides of the face. (Fig. 4)
Vitamino A-OX Color 10 in 1, Dual Stylers Sleek & Swing and Infinium 3
1. Spray Vitamino A•OX Color 10 in 1 on towel-dried hair, priming the hair as the cutting lotion.
2. Apply a dime-size amount of Tecni.Art Dual Stylers Sleek & Swing and comb through mid-lengths and ends.
3. Wrap-dry the hair following the shape of the head, using a large mixed-bristle brush to create natural volume and polished mid-lengths and ends.
4. Spray Tecni.Art Infinium 3 over the style to set the look.