3 STYLES: Defined Curls, Pillowy Curls, and Braids & Waves
Defined CurlsPhoto 1 of 3
Pillowy CurlsPhoto 2 of 3
Braids & WavesPhoto 3 of 3
Starting with unruly curly hair, this how-to shows how Matrix's Total Results Curl Please products help boost your client's body and bounce while controlling frizz. In this video, each look is built upon by the previous look.
For more information, visit www.matrixprofessional.com.
GET THE LOOKS:
- On dry hair, using horizontal sub-sections, curl hair with 1-inch barrel curling iron starting at the top, proceeding through the sides and crown. Pin individual placements.
- Next, continue to curl hair from the crown down to the nape and gently release into spirals.
- Un-pin top and sides.
- Apply Total Results Curl Please Super Defrizzer Gel to both sides of hands and run fingers through hair to break up curl and expand the texture.
- Separate dry hair into large sections; top, sides and occipital region. Pin in place. Leave remaining hair loose.
- Below occipital section, take vertical sub-sections, pinch, then gently twist the hair. Use fingers to “ruche” or push back hair toward roots.
- Continue through to side sections and then top.
- Create center part and complete.
BRAIDS AND WAVES
- On vertical sub-sections of dry hair in top section, apply Total Results Curl Please Contouring Lotion for control and easier braiding.
- Create six loose braids at top section and recession areas directed back from front hairline to crown. Pin to secure at crown.
- Apply Total Results Curl Please Contouring Lotion to remaining hair and rake through with fingers. Use a wide tooth comb to encourage wave formation.