NYFW: Ted Gibson For Carmen Marc Valvo S/S 2017
“The idea behind Carmen’s collection is innocence, and for me innocence is textured hair," says Ted Gibson who created the hair look for the Carmen Marc Valvo S/S2017 collection. "I knew I didn’t want the hair to be curly, but rather almost frizzy. When Carmen said his inspiration was baby doll I immediately thought of the movie ‘What Ever Happened to Baby Jane’ with Bette Davis. In the movie her hair was very textured and I wanted the same idea for this look.”
GET THE LOOK
- Prep hair with Kerastase’s Spray a Porter and blow dry straight.
- Create a deep side part. Then create a figure 8 set by taking 2 inch sections and wrapping the hair on a bobby pin creating a figure 8. Twist at the bottom to secure.
- Heat set by placing a flat iron over each section and holding for 2 minutes. Once cooled, separate curls with fingers to create texture.
- Use L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art’s Or Graphic Modelling gel to define top.
- Accessorize with Bow
- Finish with L’Oreal Professionnel’s Elnett holding spray.