MODERN Trendspotting at America's Beauty Show March 22-24, 2014!
Thousands of beauty professionals will be gathering together at America’s Beauty Show this weekend (March 22-24) in downtown Chicago at McCormick Place. MODERN’s editorial team will be reporting on the latest beauty trends seen on the show floor, main stage presentations, workshop education and more.
This year we are offering a number of opportunities and prizes at MODERN’s Booth #1747:
* Sign up for our e-newsletters (by giving us your e-mail) and you will get a personalized MODERN on-the-go car charger! If you subscribe to our monthly magazine you will walk away with a MODERN insulated Healthy Hairdresser lunch bag!
* Modern will also be debuting our America’s Beauty Show video at our booth and on the ABS Runway! Make sure you stop by to watch and see what you can get if you subscribe.
* Stop by and pick up a free MODERN SALON, SALON TODAY or FIRST CHAIR magazine or our 2014 editorial calendar.
* Join our Shop MODERN Raffle, where you could win a $300+ gift basket full of educational products (dvds & books)! Plus, we giving away one of our hottest items…drum roll please…a Scissor and Comb necklace! Simply fill out your contact information (or give us your business card) and you will get a chance to win. The drawing for the gift basket will be at noon on Monday. Please try to be there for a photo opp!
* Do you offer a breast cancer awareness program at your salon or support cancer awareness in some way? Do you know someone (a client, friend or relative) affected by cancer? The beauty industry has strong ties with rallying around this cause, and City of Hope will be stopping by MODERN’s booth to show their support. GET FEATURED IN MODERN SALON by stopping by our booth and sharing your story.
We will be doing interviews from 3-4 p.m. on Sunday, March 23, and 1-2 p.m. on Monday, March 24.
It’s the hottest ticket in town at America’s Beauty Show and MODERN Editors will be there! Join the industry’s stars and hundreds of your peers for a fabulous evening celebrating the incredible talent of beauty professionals. The evening recognizes the winners of the 2014 ABS STARS Photo Contest, and you will get a special sneak preview of this year’s fashion and hair from the RUNWAY @ ABS artists. Luis Alvarez of Aquage will also show the secrets behind the 2014 ABS Collection. All proceeds benefits the Cosmetologists Chicago Presidents Scholarship.
Saturday, March 22, 2014
On the ABS Runway
Cocktails: 5:30 p.m. | Show: 6 p.m.
ALL-STAR TREND TALK PANEL:
Before you catch the BeautyBASH, come to see and hear what’s new, coming and what clients want. Eight of the salon industry’s Creative Leaders will gather on Saturday, March 22, the first afternoon of America’s Beauty Show 2014 to share their forecasts for fashion and beauty, along with global insights to inspire and empower salon professionals.
The Who's Who Panel and Trends They’ll Talk About:
Fabio Sementilli, V.P. Education for Wella, has again organized the All-Star Trend-Talk Panel for America’s Beauty Show, and will serve as Moderator;
Jan Arnold, Co-founder, CND - NAILS are the hottest fashion accessory today. Find out why!
Mark Hayes, Sassoon International Creative Director – Forecasting Trends from Global Inspirations;
Nick Irwin, Global Creative Director, TIGI – The Latest From the World’s Top Runways;
Gerard Scarpaci & Randy Taylor, co-founders of hairbrained – Salon Education Trends & How to Get Involved in Your Pro Community;
John Simpson, Global Master & Lead Artistic Director, Goldwell – Color Inspiration through Trends; Success through Design and Placement.
All salon owners, hairdressers, nail technicians, estheticians, and cosmetology students are welcome.
By Lauren Quick | 02/13/2014 | WWW.MODERNSALON.COM | NEWS
Cosmetologists Chicago, in association with owners and producers of America's Beauty Show, have announced that they will be hosting the second annual All-Star Trend-Talk Panel.
THE RUNWAY @ ABS HEADLINERS:
Performances on Sunday, March 23 and Monday, March 24!
TRACEY HUGHES (Australia) presented by Tracey Hughes Education
JOEY SCANDIZZO & Team (Australia) presented by Wella
NICK IRWIN (UK) presented by TIGI
OMAR ANTONIO & MARYLLE KOKEN (USA) presented by Sebastian
SAM VILLA (USA) presented by Redken
MARK HAYES & the Sassoon Creative Team (UK) presented by Wella
MARTIN PARSONS (Canada) presented by Martin Parsons
LEONARDO ROCCO & TERI DOUGHERTY (USA) presented by Aloxxi
The Runway is FREE with your ABS admission!
MODERN Editors will be covering continuing education at ABS’ workshops. Topics include: hair, hair color, nails, business, esthetics/make-up and cosmetology instruction. Find the class that fills a gap for you. CE hours and beauty’s top educators are waiting to see you at the show.
BEAUTY CHANGES LIVES:
Join Editor in Chief Alison Shipley at the Beauty Changes Lives presentation presented by AACS and CC. From being a stylist to a salon owner to developing your own product line, the beauty industry can offer a diverse path to success. Join celebrity stylists and beauty icons as they take you on their journey in this interactive and inspirational program of how beauty has changed their lives, and how it can be a fulfilling and dynamic career choice for you.
9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Admission is Free.
By Lauren Quick | 03/19/2014 | WWW.FIRSTCHAIR.COM | NEWS
The 2014 Student Summit presented by Beauty Changes Lives at America's Beauty Show is Monday, March 24 from 9:30-10:45 a.m. and will feature many guests and headliner.