HOW-TO: Thick Blonde Brows
Disappearing, are beautiful blonde arches simply fading away? Not for lack of hair, necessarily, but because the color is so light? Well, to actually see those puppies, a tint may be needed to get the full bushy brow effect.
“Tinting is the easiest way to make your brows look thicker and longer, because it adds richness, tone and depth to brow hairs, as well as slightly tints the skin underneath, magically filling in sparse areas. And, those teeny-weeny little baby hairs that go unnoticed all of a sudden ban together and look bold,” says Boom Boom, owner of Boom Boom Brow Bar.
Just make sure to get the right color. If hair and skin has natural warm tones, stick with a warm tone, same for cool. And don’t go too dark, unless going for the drama, it can look a little harsh and (gasp) make people look a little older.
1. Always use a vegetable based dye around the eye are.
2. Never lift brow color, use deposit only color.
3. Go a little bolder to define brows and match the color to skin and hair undertones.
4. Always use SPF on brows for protection.
5. Use a brow powder on a daily basis for added definition and boldness.