HOW-TO: The Reverse French Roll & Faux Bob
Step 1Photo 2 of 6
Step 2Photo 3 of 6
Step 3Photo 4 of 6
Step 4Photo 5 of 6
Step 5/6Photo 6 of 6
Follow these step-by-steps styled by L'Oréal Professionnel Artist, Jennifer MacDougall and color by L'Oréal Professionnel Jason Backe to achieve this Reverse French Roll style.
1. Create a center part and blow-dry with a round brush in sections away from the face.
2. Spray L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 hairspray on each section, then wrap hair loosely around a large curling iron and curl the middle of the hair strand.
3. Finger comb hair back towards the nape of neck to create a loose ponytail and secure with a clear elastic, keeping the end of the hair tucked in.
4. Take the end of the ponytail and twist and tuck under the faux bob.
5. Secure with long bobby pins, keeping the pins closed.
6. Finish with a shine spray.
To create the color, L'Oréal Professionnel Artist, Jason Backe:
1. Part hair with fine tooth comb from the recession along the ridge.
2. Take diagonal sections that follow the shape of the hairline.
3. Apply Infinie Platine with 30-volume developer at the new growth and 20-volume developer at the previously lightened ends.
4. Repeat on both sides of head.
5. Rinse hair then repeated application with L'Oréal Professionnel DIA Light and 15-volume globally.
Photography: Lee Baran