HOW TO: Idina Menzel at the Tony Awards
We heard from our friend Ted Gibson that he was THE GUY prepping (and prepping and prepping) Idina Menzel for her Tony Awards presentation.
"What a glorious day for the Tony’s! I have been with Idina since 7:30 am, so needless to say the party started really early," says Gibson. "She had rehearsal at Radio City at 9 am, then back to the theatre for her AMAZING Broadway show, then back to the Tony’s for the red carpet! HAIR, HAIR and more HAIR!!"
When asked what he wanted for a finish, Gibson says "I wanted her to look like a 60s Italian movie star. I immediately thought of Sophia Loren – super sexy, yet super sophisticated."
here he offers the HOW TO:
1. Start with damp hair and smooth Kerastase Form Fatale gel all over her hair for added volume and body. (The gel also served as a UV and heat protectant and gave her hair enough shape and texture to form her sexy waves.)
2. After blow drying her hair dry, part the her hair in a deep side part.
3. Smooth Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel throughout her hair. (This cream conditions and added additional protection to Idina’s hair for heat styling.)
4. Take 1 ½” sections and curl vertically around a large barrel curling iron, curling around her entire head with the curl facing away from her face.
5. Rake fingers through her hair, tucking the parted side of her hair behind her ear .
6. Finished by spraying Aveda Control hair spray throughout her hair to hold all those waves in place.
"I love working with the most talented and lovely women in the world. I am a lucky hairdresser," adds Gibson.