Pravana Chromasilk Neons Pink Tutorial
Step 1Photo 4 of 7
Step 2Photo 5 of 7
Step 3Photo 6 of 7
Step 4Photo 7 of 7
You love the Vivids, you love the Pastels, so it's safe to assume you'll love the Neons! Launching this July, Pravana's ChromaSilk Neons Collection introduces five shockingly, electric colors in Neon Pink, Neon Orange, Neon Yellow, Neon Green and Neon Blue.
Learn the technique used to create the "Interlacing Neons" look, using Chromasilk Neon Pink and Chromasilk Neon Blue. To begin, start with clean, dry, pre-lightened hair at level 10 with a lightener like Pure Light Powder and your choice of developer.
What You Need to Know: The Chromasilk Neon collection colors are direct dyes that don't require developers. The final hair color outcome is determined by the Neon mixture with the level of lightened hair. Vivids are designed to last longer with proper at home care by using Pravana's corresponding maintenance products.
• Neon Pink and Neon Blue
• Custom Neon Violet (See Below)
• Custom Blue Violet (See Below)
• Color Brush
• Sectioning Comb
1. Starting at the back, create a triangle section that begins at the middle of each ear and ends in an apex between the occiptal bone and crown of head. Clip aside.
2. Apply custom neon violet color from roots to ends to the large triangle section.
3. From top of triangle, alternate slices of Neon Pink and custom neon violet, working in a pinwheel to the top of the head.
4. After reaching the top of the head, section a triangle from the recession of the forehead slightly past the apex and reaching toward, but not into the center of the forehead. Apply custom neon blue violet to this section from root to ends.
5. Process for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature. Rinse with cool water, shampoo lightly with a color protecting shampoo and rinse until the water runs clear. Follow with a color protecting conditioner and color-fade protectant. Style as desired (find the victory roll step-by-step that's perfect for your client).
To create the custom neon colors, see below:
Neon Violet: Use 3 oz of Neon Pink with 1/2 oz of Neon Blue.
Neon Blue Violet: Combine equal parts Neon Pink with Neon Blue.