GAME OF THRONES: Jon Snow's Disheveled Mid-Length Curls
Game of Thrones' season 4 just wrapped up with its finale Sunday, and that means one more year Jon Snow (played by Kit Harington) fans will have to wait to see his beloved curly locks again. Did you know Harington revealed that HBO has the legal power to forbid him from cutting his trademark Jon Snow locks until the end of the show?
“It has its own contract, definitely,” he confessed on Live With Kelly and Michael. “I never thought I’d say that about my own hair … I’m not allowed to cut it, and I didn’t realize this until recently. I wanted to cut it — I’ve had long hair for ages — and and they were like, ‘No, no, no. That won’t be happening.’”
That means there's plenty of time left for fans to marvel at his hairstyle.
However, you don't have to wait until next season for the how-to, because MODERN has it now! Here are the step-by-steps offered by Taylor Brock, stylist at Butterfly Sudio Salon in NYC!
1. "Comb the hair while wet with conditioner. Rinse. Sometimes when hair is extra unruly, coarse, or very curly, you can leave a small amount of conditioner in the hair to help with taming the hair to slightly weigh it down."
2. "Allow hair to air dry a bit/let it sit to remove excess moisture. Push the bangs back with your fingers. For hair that is not cooperating, the trick is to twist those hair sections."
3. "Apply a small amount of hair product for style and control like a: pliable moose, flexible gel serum or curl cream."
"If you find that your product choice is too stiff, dilute with either a curl cream or an oil. Kerastase "Oleo Curl" is a must in my book for frizz control. Hair oils like Oribe's Gold Lust will also help to speed up drying time on top of their benefits."
"If you're client's hair is parched and requires more of a moisture treatment, a heavier more nourishing leave-in conditioner is in order. Choose from Shu Uemura's Essence Absolue oil or cream, depending on how dry and/or thick your client's hair is."
4. "Let the style air dry after you apply the products. The most important rule is not to touch it again until hair is dry to reduce frizz."
5. "Once completely dry, in comes the finishing product to ensure your look lasts. For this effortless tousled look I would go for a beach/wave enhancing spray with soft but with an effective hold."