The Modern Day Pompadour
Karen Andrea, a stylist at Di Rosa Haircare, Franklin Square, NY, has come up with the steps to create a pompadour with a twist that offers a variety of styling options. She suggests that you think Ben Affleck when showing your client how he can transform his shape from a messy beach look for the summer months to a classic style for evening and special events.
Here she offers the HOW TO:
- Section out a horseshoe shape from the recession.
- Starting on the sides of the head, take diagonal back sections and proceed with the scissor over comb method continuing to the back of the head.
- Working up towards the top of the head, create the first guideline throughout the crown area. Use this guide to work up towards the fringe area while slightly over directing to keep hair a bit longer.
- Start the blending process to connect the sides to the top section and then cross check each section.
- Blow dry hair at least 75% and then work KMS California HAIR PLAY Messing Crème into hair to create fresh texture or to sooth.
Great tip from social media mentor Patrick McIvor, Artistic & TechniCulture Director for Goldwell and KMS California:
“Are you advertising your men’s grooming services? Utilize social media to post images and advertise your skills.”