UPDATE: The Retouch on This AMAZING Transformation
MODERN knew this was a special before and after when we posted the HOW TO at the end of June. Platinum Salon owner Cassandra McGlaughlin (@cassandraplatinum) wanted to share the update to MODERN colorists:
"My biggest advice for something like this is just because it's a small retouch, do NOT cut any corners. Using the same techniques and process will keep the canvas even and the hair integrity intact. Keep the visits more frequent to allow you to maintain much more control over the evenness of the blonde and of the tone. I still needed to utilize the Platinum Card retouch to achieve a light even lift."
Here McGlaughlin offers her retouch steps:
1. Use Paul Mitchell Dual Purpose Lightener and 30 volume in back to back foils at the regrowth. Lift to level 8.
2. Remove the foils and feather some remaining DPL through some areas where the warmth lingers.
3. Pull a small amount of a Color Balance Mixture and 20 Volume where some of warmer tones are on the ends.
4. Process for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Rinse, then use Paul Mitchell Super Strengthener as a post treatment.
6. Cleanse with Forever Blonde Shampoo and then tone with UtP UtNb to achieve a soft, icy vanilla blonde. (note: I wasn't neutralizing the same tones as last time so I adjusted my toner accordingly.)
7. Follow with a PM Shine topcoat of clear and 9v (2:1 ratio) to add shine and moisture and a small amount of tone.
8. Finish with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisture Lather Shampoo and Keratin Intensive Treatment.