Inspired By Women: The Inspirational Program By Moroccanoil
Moroccanoil has announced the launch of INSPIRED BY WOMEN, the brand’s first-ever multimedia advertising campaign created to inspire, celebrate and empower women around the world. At the heart of the new platform is a digital short-film series INSPIRED, helmed by filmmaker Bryce Dallas Howard and Academy Award and Emmy-winning producers RadicalMedia. Joining Moroccanoil on this journey to celebrate the strength in every woman is INSPIRED BY WOMEN™ Ambassador, British supermodel and actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Moroccanoil has always understood that it only takes one moment of inspiration to ignite positive change. The brand’s own journey started with a pivotal moment of inspiration that revolutionized the beauty industry, creating an all-new oil-infused hair care category and an iconic brand in less than a decade. As the next evolution for Moroccanoil, INSPIRED BY WOMEN provides a global platform for five passionate, courageous women to share their unique personal journeys from experiencing a single moment of inspiration to making a profound impact on the world.
“With INSPIRED BY WOMEN™, we wanted to take our notion of beautiful transformations to the next level—by empowering women to discover beauty through inspiration,” says Moroccanoil Co-founder, Carmen Tal. “Rosie is a timeless, global beauty who exudes confidence, inner strength and a down-to-earth quality that embodies the Moroccanoil aesthetic. We’re delighted to have her join Moroccanoil on our journey to empower all women with self-confidence and a fearless drive to pursue their dreams,” adds Tal.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will begin appearing in Moroccanoil INSPIRED BY WOMEN print and digital advertisements for fashion, beauty and lifestyle publications this month. She will also be featured in the campaign’s INSPIRED short-film series. “I am honored to join Moroccanoil in celebrating these remarkable women. It is my hope that their inspirational stories will encourage women to make a difference in their lives and to others,” says Huntington-Whiteley.
At the heart of the campaign is INSPIRED, a short-film series that discovers beauty through inspiration, directed by dynamic and versatile storyteller Bryce Dallas Howard. The series features the stories of five extraordinary women driven to make a positive impact in the world, and also explores what it means to lead an inspired life as seen through the eyes of Ambassador Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Featuring a musical score by Grammy Award-winning film composer Lorne Balfe, the series includes the following five “Inspired” women:
1. Chrissy Beckles steps into the ring to fight for those who can’t. This trained boxer founded The Sato Project to save abandoned dogs on Puerto Rico’s “Dead Dog Beach.”
2. Rebecca Welsh helps homeless and at-risk youth around the world to start a new life. The HALO Foundation provides these children with basic needs and essential life skills, using art therapy to help them heal from the past and imagine the future.
3. Jessica O. Matthews incites change through innovation. She's the Co-founder and CEO of the organization Uncharted Play, and inventor of the SOCCKET—a soccer ball that generates free, renewable energy by harnessing the kinetic power of play.
4. Kavita Shukla designs simple solutions to complex global challenges. She is the Founder and CEO of Fenugreen, a social enterprise taking on global food waste and hunger, and the inventor of FreshPaper—a piece of paper infused with spices that keeps fruits and vegetables fresh 2–4 times longer.
5. Allyson Ahlstrom transforms the looks—and lives—of at-risk teen girls. When she was just 14, she started the mobile boutique Threads For Teens, which provides free, brand-new clothes to teen girls across the U.S.
For more information about the Moroccanoil initiative, visit InspiredbyWomen.com. To watch the short-film series, go to YouTube.com/Moroccanoil. Fans and viewers are also encouraged to be part of the INSPIRED BY WOMEN conversation by sharing a woman in their lives who inspires them via social media, using the hashtag #InspiredbyWomen.