Style of the Moment: The Column Wave
The Column Wave offers a touch of romantic Hollywood glam and highbrow sophistication. Learn how to create this Style of the Moment in just a few easy steps with L’Oréal Professionnel hairstylist Pepper Pastor.
Column Wave How-To:
1. Prep hair starting on the side working from the bottom up. Apply Texture Expert Expansion Body Activating Mousse and comb through. Work through section by section and be sure to apply evenly through the lengths. Smooth the product down using the back of the comb. Once complete, blowdry using a low setting.
2. To set, start on the side taking horizontal sections working from bottom up. Take 1 1/2 - 2 inch subsections and place a 1 1/2 in curling iron behind the section and wrap moving back. Make sure to hold the tip of the hair while wrapping around the iron.
3. Clip in the waves and spray with Texture Expert Infinium 3 Strong Hold Working Spray for hold. Move to the section above and curl in the same way. Once complete join section with the section below and clip in the wave. Complete the side section and spray with Texture Expert Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist for shine.
4. Move to the back of the head. Start at the bottom and continue to curl in spirals. Continue through the back of the head working in subsections from bottom to top.
5. Combine three to four of the curls and clip into the waves sections. Moving across the back, work up to complete this section. Then, complete the side section as before. Spray with Infinium 3 for hold, and allow to cool.
6. Remove the clips and comb through with a wide tooth comb. Push the waves into place, making sure not to overly comb the hair. Finish by spraying with Texture Expert Perfect Shimmer.
To achieve the red color seen on this model, use L'Oréal Professionnel INOA 1Ž2 6.3 + 1Ž2 6.45 with 20-volume developer.