Try These 4 Steps for Holiday Retail Success
Creative director: Mia LiguoriSession styling and haircut: Katie NielsenHair color: Amy WilliamsonMakeup: KumiPhotography: Jake Thompson
Tracy Liguori, Scruples co-president mar-keting/advertising, off ers advice for salons to build retail sales this season.
Create. Build a display with a featured product or promotion. “Make your merchan-dise noticeable and notable!” Liguori says. “The holiday season is a great time to tap into the latest trends, encourage foot traffi c into your salon and create a memorable self-shopping experience.
Communicate. Use signage to bring your promotion to your clients’ attention. Liguori notes, “A great retail sign can heighten your client’s interest in learning about your latest promotional offerings.”
Educate. “Knowledge is power!” Liguori says. “Throughout the promotional period, demonstrate how to use the featured product(s) on every client at the backbar or styling station.
Recommend. “Your client values being recognized with personalized product recommendations,” adds Liguori. “Suggest your featured product/promotion off er at checkout to complement the services the client has received and ensure that she can recreate the look at home, while increasing your overall ticket.”
Scruples Co-President Creative Mia Liguori provides the how-to for the Scruples look shown here, which she says “is styled on a modestly layered blunt bob haircut with a severe disconnection in the front”:
- Prep the hair with Scruples Classic Collection Blow Dry Spray.
- Lightly spray Direct Volume Root Lifter at the roots for control and volume.
- After smoothing the edges with Silk Control Blow Dry Elixir for sleekness, blow-dry the hair with a round brush.
- Set the dry hair in a deep side part, and curl under using a 1 ½” barrel iron.
- Allow the set to cool, shake out the style and brush through. Finish with High Deﬁ nition Hairspray and a light spray of Hypershine Repair Spray.