NYFW: Moroccanoil For The Georgine F/W 2017 Collection
For the Georgine Fall/Winter 2017 collection presented yesterday at NYFW, Moroccanoil Artistic Director, Kevin Hughes says that the “collection was inspired by the care-free VIP individuals that used to reside in hotel suites and make them their own." To honor that inspiration Hughes created a fashion-forward, bold and edgy look for the woman living in a “Georgine Suite," with an all-black, rough textured wig, with texture enhanced by a variety of Moroccanoil products.
Here Hughes offers the HOW-TO:
· To create the perfect foundation for styling, prep hair by applying a dime size of Moroccanoil Treatment Light from mid-length to ends.
· Spray Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the hair to add texture, fullness and volume.
· Blow dry the hair smooth using a Moroccanoil Ceramic 55 MM Round Brush.
· Next, separate the hair into 1 ½ inch sections and use a 1 ½ inch barrel curling iron, wrapping the hair around the barrel, leaving the last 1 ¼ inch of the hair straight.
· Once you’ve completed the full head, spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to create carefree, textured volume and long-lasting hold.
· For a more roughed-up, piecey look, rub a small amount f the Moroccanoil Texture Clay between palms and distribute throughout hair, building to a desired level of texture.
· To finish, mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for a smooth and luminous finish.
Tips & Tricks From Kevin Hughes:
· To create extra texture in the hair, spray the Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the hair, not just at the roots. This will be especially helpful for fine, slippery hair.