EMMYS 2014: Robin Wright by Paul Norton for Joico
At the 2014 Emmy Awards, Celebrity Stylist Paul Norton for Joico made sure actress Robin Wright's hair was as strong and elegant as her fashion choices at the 2014 Emmy Awards
“The style of the suit—‘40s meets ‘70s—evokes two decades when women were most powerful and confident,” says Norton. “So we decided that a strong shape, directed off her face, was the best choice for the evening.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Norton shampooed and conditioned Robin’s hair with Joico Color Endure Violet Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Next, he combined small amounts of Joico Power Whip Whipped Foam with new Joico Heat Set Blow-Out Perfecting Crème and worked the mixture through Robin’s hair roots to ends.
3. He dried top sections with a small, round, boar-bristle brush to create volume, and switched to a small Mason Pearson brush to smooth the side and back sections.
4. When the hair was dry, he applied Joico Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax to his hands, emulsified and tousled the product into the hair to create separation and a natural texture effect.
5. Finally, he secured the sides with Joico’s NEW Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray, and then spritzed his own fingers and “pinched” random sections to create definition throughout the longer top sections.
Joico’s new styling products--Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray and Heat Set Blow-Out Perfecting Crème--will be available September 1, 2014.