Schwarzkopf's Undone Glamour Collection
Schwarzkopf's Undone Glamour Collection was inspired by fall runway looks that served up contrasting lengths and disheveled textures to express the truly modern spirit.
OsiS+ Hold Miracle Ultra
Strong Cream Mousse
OsiS+ Glamour Queen H20-free Volumizing Hairspray
OsiS Extreme Hold Hairspray
The Art of Luxury by Paul Mitchell
1. Isolate a rectangular panel on the top of the head, and also the side sections.
2. Backcomb the entire back section, then smooth the surface. When you are holding the entire back panel, apply Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray. At the base, insert one of two bobby pins attached to an elastic, wrap the elastic around the hair and insert the other pin at the base. The ponytail is positioned above the occipital bone.
3. At the base of the ponytail, insert a bobby pin attached to a fine hairnet and place all the back-combed hair into the hair net. Roll the netted hair under into a chignon shape and secure at the base with bobby pins. 4. Comb one-third of the top panel back with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray. Spread and smooth the length of this section evenly over the netted chignon shape.
5. Using a teasing brush and Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray, repeat the banding technique in a zigzag parting to smooth the hair on each side section to the crown. Gather the ends of the smoothed hair over the chignon and loosely band the ends together while tucking the ends and pin under the chignon shape.
6. Separate the remaining top panel into two sections and lightly back-brush the base for volume. Smooth the ends using Neuro Smooth, and spread the ends over the pins at the crown. Finish with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray.
Hair: Simon Ellis, Schwarzkopf international creative director, and Schwarzkopf Professional Global Ambassadors Tyler Johnston and Lesley Jennison
Make up: Isabel Peters
Fashion Styling: Jelena Schneider
Photography: Jack Eames
Excerpted from MODERN SALON HOLIDAY 2014, an exclusive custom edition with CosmoProf and Armstrong McCall to help salon pros plan and grow holiday business. See the complete digital edition at modernsalon.com/holiday.