HOW TO: Balayage For Ombre, Color Melt and Seamless Color
John Simpson, Goldwell Lead Artistic Director and Goldwell Color Master, demos HOW TO create seamless color using balayage and his color melt technique. "It's free-hand coloring," he says. "It is the new elevation of ombre, the modern ombre."
In this video, Simpson offers a great overview and shares his tips along the way including why he uses plastic wrap to separate the sections.
1. Pull out a wide section. Apply the color to the middle of the selected area of the strand.
2. Flip the brush to the dry side and diffuse up to the scalp.
3. Blend down the area and saturate the end on the back of the hand.
4. Do this in three areas of the section. Pinch the ends and apply the color toward the ends.
5. Then saturate completely the ends with the color.
In the second video Simpson shares his favorite formula for balayage. No surprise, it's Silk Lift!