Top Spas and Services Introduced At ISPA Press Event in NYC
At the recent International SPA (ISPA) Media Event in NYC, cultural traditions were shared as spas from around the world highlighted their newest treatments, many of which stemmed from historic customs.
“It is important to remember that spas are not only committed to physical renewal, but also that of the mind and spirit,” said ISPA President, Lynne McNees. “Spas are dedicated to the restoration of the whole person. At this year’s ISPA Media Event we see spas incorporating all components of this shared mission, by way of cultural touches, into their spa experiences.” These unique healing and religious practices were demonstrated at the event, held at Gotham Hall in midtown Manhattan.
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group tapped into their roots by offering Chinese medicine inspired Calm Mind Guided Meditation, to offer calm mind therapy.
- Mii amo offered Hozhooji, the Mii amo Blessing, which uses a turquoise clay in massage therapy to reduce stress and awaken positive energies within the body, mind, soul and spirit.
- Mukul Beach, Golf & Spa shared the healing power of Nicaraguan volcanic clay used as a body mask in their six spa sanctuaries treatment.
- Omni Hotels and Resorts demonstrated their Grove Stone Healing Hand Treatment, keeping the historic tradition of massage fresh.
At this year’s Media Event, many spas used food as a means of tying a native tradition to a classic treatment while water was used to tie into native and water based practices.
- Massage Envy Spa treated guests to a spa cuisine, Sugar Foot Therapy.
- Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program discussed the link between diet and overall health and showed that healthy cooking is easy with a healthy food prep demonstration.
- Miraval Resort & Spa gifted their new cookbook, Miraval’s Sweet & Savory Cookingto attendees.
- Rancho La Puerta’s Salsa y Salsa combined a salsa tasting and a salsa dancing class offering a peek into what guests can experience at their property.
- The Essex Resort and Spa mixed up a refreshing summer treat for the media with their Watermelon Vodka-tini Hand Treatment.
- The Lodge at Woodloch partnered with Dogfish Head Brewery to create beer-inspired spa treatments.
- The Spa at the Hotel Hershey incorporated their signature ingredients into their Chocolate Spa Eye Refresh treatment.
- Travaasa Experiential Resorts demonstrated their Blender Bike which channels physical energy created during a workout to power a blender for a fresh smoothie.
- Aspira Spa showcased their Sacred Waters Massage and discussed how indigenous traditions can inspire spa experiences.
- Jason Hydrotherapy offered their MicroSilk treatment, an oxygenated bath that benefits the skin.
- The Spa of the Rockies demonstrated their Mineral Spring Water Therapy that showcases the property’s 125 year history of mineral-based treatments.
The latest trends in overall healthy mind, body, and spirit were also shared:
- Hilton Head Health showed how one can perform MyoFascial Release techniques on themselves.
- Matrix Fitness showcased their 7xi Console, equipment that allows you to be connected while exercising.
- Tiger Tail USA demonstrated their signature Tiger Tail, a hand held rolling device designed to roll over muscles, relieving soreness and tension.
ResortSuite was the software provider facilitating all appointment scheduling online prior to the event. Each attendee also received a Haiku tote bag, sponsored by SpaWeek.
ISPA also shared the latest SPA stats, and all news is good. Revenue is up 5.1% and spa visits is up 2.5%. Check out the chart included here for more information.