How to Remove Donna Bella Hair's Kera-Link Fusion Hair Extensions
Because Donna Bella Hair's Kera-Links are installed strand by strand, plan on spending a good amount of time removing them. Unlike the Bond Remover for Donna Bella Hair Tape-Ins, the Kera-Link Bond Remover needs more time to be absorbed. The key is to be patient, especially if your client wants them rebonded for another use.
If they are planning on reusing the hair, let them know that the hair will lose some length due to the old bond tips being cut off. You cannot place new bond over the old bond because it will adhere poorly, causing the extensions to fall out. So, to make sure the hair is reusable, follow these steps.
- Use your Hair Extension Tool to crunch the bond.
- Apply the blue Keratin Bond Remover (alcohol-based) to the crunched bonds. Only do a row at a time. Let the remover sit in for about 1 minute or more.
- Take your Hair Extension Tool again and crunch down on the bond on each side. You’ll know they’re ready to come off when the bonds turn white.
- Gently pull the hair extension off by holding firmly to the natural hair and pulling the extension out slowly. If it’s not coming off, use more Bond Remover and let it sit. While you wait, work on the others.
- If there’s any leftover bond on the natural hair, apply some more remover before you wash the hair.
Following these steps will ensure that you’re not pulling your client’s natural hair and that you’re not damaging the extensions. To apply them again you’ll need to cut the white part (old bond) off the tip of the used extensions and then re-bond them.