Neuma California Experience Builds Skills, Develops Team
NEUMA was honored to host two special event speakers. Dr. Nadim Shaath, President of Alpha Research & Development, spoke on the historical importance of essential oils and how ecological and sustainable sources affect product fragrances today.Photo 1 of 4
NEUMA recently held its annual California Experience, an educational and lifestyle event in Huntington Beach, CA. With its sunny beaches and relaxed vibe, the location was the perfect place for salon owners, stylists, distributors and salon consultants from across the United States and Canada to see where NEUMA was developed and join their Design Team for hands-on education, inspiration and networking.
Education, Excursions & The Beach
Monday’s general session covered the latest NEUMA product and marketing updates, followed by a focus session for salon owners. Monday afternoon an excursion to NEUMA for a factory tour allowed visitors to see the brand’s manufacturing first hand. The day ended with a quintessential California experience: a beach BBQ!
Tuesday was a day of workshops conducted by NEUMA Design Team offering hands-on education for cutting, styling and social media:
- Jamie Doriot and Greg Garcia gave an interactive Focus Session presentation on how to navigate the rapid change in the professional salon industry.
- David Bangham presented ‘Change With No Change’ on how to offer long hair clients haircutting options without scarifying length. He also led a second workshop on how to step up your services with advanced haircutting and texturizing techniques.
- Amy Johnson presented how to create quick and easy upstyles for brides and bridesmaids.
- Meleesa Luna presented a session using cutting edge style techniques with classic braids. Meleesa’s second workshop focused on creating red carpet hair with sexy and sleek hairstyles.
- Peter Felix presented ‘Cut To The Finish’ with new haircut and hairstyle ideas for male clientele.
- Jesi Hilts and Ashley Wiley presented an exciting session on how to increase social media presence and create sharable content.
- Jin Bang presented on how to create the modern big hairdo using modern hairdressing techniques to create texture.
Special Guests: NEUMA was honored to host two special event speakers. Dr. Nadim Shaath, President of Alpha Research & Development, spoke on the historical importance of essential oils and how ecological and sustainable sources affect product fragrances today. Guest speaker Amy Goei, National Senior Director of Green Circle Salon, shared passionately about the program and its partnership with NEUMA. All salons are encouraged to become a Green Circle Salon to help minimize salon waste and more to come in 2018! Find out more about Green Circle at: https://www.greencirclesalons.ca.