Pastel Pink: Soft Pink Formula from Redken
Redken pastels give every client a glossy shine with sheer shades. Use them to add a pastel hue or a soft wash of color—or to tone and correct for a flawless filter effect.
Formula & Application:
Natural level-4 light brown, prelightened to level 10
Formula 1: 2 oz Color Fusion 7T + 4 ml pH-Bonder #1 with 2 oz 10-volume Pro-oxide Cream Developer
Formula 2: 2 oz 08T Silver Shades EQ Gloss + 4ml pH-Bonder #1 with 2 oz Shades EQ Processing Solution
Formula 3: 1 oz Pink Shades EQ Gloss + 4 ml pH-Bonder #1 Bond + 1 oz 000 Crystal Clear with 2 oz Processing Solution
1. Divide the hair into 4 sections. Apply Formula 1 to Zone 1 using a global application.
2. Move to the back left quadrant and take ¼- to ½-inch diagonal-back slices. Using a wide shortbristle brush and vertical strokes, apply Formula 2 to first inch of zone 2. Soften using the Blur Brush.
3. Now apply Formula 3 throughout the remaining lengths, blurring where Formula 3 meets Formula 2. Be sure not to blend Formulas 1 and 2 together.
4. Complete entire back left and right quadrant using the same application method.
5. Next, move to the front. Taking horizontal slices, continue with the application method and complete both left and right quadrants. Process 20 minutes, then rinse. Do not shampoo. On towel-dried hair, apply pH-Bonder #2 Fiber Restorative Pre-wash concentrate for 10 minutes. Rinse, shampoo and condition.
Color: Josh Wood
Style: Guido Palau