How-To: Glam Hollywood Waves by @noradababneh
MODERN editors Alison Alhamed and Lauren Quick visited Color Me New salon in Oak Forest, Illinois, for holiday-ready hairstyles with MODERN SALON 100 artist Nora Dababneh (@noradababneh) and Dorthi Kościelniak (@hairbydorthi).
Prepping for the holidays, Dababneh and Kościelniak used products and tools from MODERN SALON's Haute Holiday contest and giveaway, including some from Fave4, Ulta Beauty, TIGI, Kenra Professional, Agadir, Pink Pewter, Lakme, Xfusion by Toppik, Moroccanoil, Living Proof, and Hot Tools Professional.
First up, Dababneh created glam Hollywood waves perfect for any holiday party. See the steps and video below, and make sure you see the second look—a braided bow upstyle by Kościelniak—here!
HOW-TO: Glam Hollywood Waves with The Curl Bar
- Create three sections: back and two sides.
- Beginning in the back section, take a 1-inch section and spray with Kenra Volume Spray 25.
- Set Hot Tools Curl Bar to 430 degrees F—you will not leave the iron on the hair very long. Holding Curl Bar vertically, wrap hair around, twisting as you wrap. Hold for five seconds, then unwrap hair from iron.
- Repeat on whole head, moving from section to section.
- Let hair cool completely.
- Mist hair with Kenra 13 Perfect Medium Spray for hold. Lightly brush through hair, pushing curls up if you want more defined ridges.
- Finish with Lakme K.Style Polish Smooth & Shine Sheen Spray.