Guido Brings Back the Banana Clip at Alexander Wang
“This is Alex Wang's take on the 80’s power woman, when we first saw female empowerment in the office," says Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau. "The hair is sort of an ironic take on that power woman with the inclusion of the custom-made Alexander Wang silver banana clips. It feels young, with a slight irony to it. The shine and hold from Redken Forceful 23 hairspray gives it a strong and chic vibe.”
Get the look – the style:
- Apply Redken Mess Around 10 to the front of the hairline, then section by section from the ears to the top of the head.
- Comb through to evenly distribute with a wide-toothed comb to achieve definition. Allow the comb marks to show throughout your crown in intentional lines, starting at your forehead and moving towards the back of your head.
- Spray Redken Forceful 23 hairspray throughout your crown for a strong hold, and begin pulling pieces back into a ponytail.
- Secure with a black elastic.
- Twist the ponytail into a low chignon. Add a banana clip over the chignon.
- Use the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer with the professional concentrator to smooth the hair and give it an added, continuous shape.
- Apply a second layer of Redken Forceful 23 hairspray as you blow your hair dry to seal the style.
Alexander Wang show fall/winter 2018: Hair by Palau
“The inspiration for this deep garnet red color was to go along with the overall mood of the show," says Redken Global Color Creative Director Josh Wood. "There’s no bright blondes in this show — it’s more deep brunettes and the like, so we dyed this model’s hair to fit her into the queue. I used the new Redken Color Gels Lacquers and Shades EQ to create this color.”
Get the look – the color:
- Formula 1: filled with 2oz Redken Shades EQ 08C + 2oz processing solution on dry hair. Process for 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics.
- Formula 2: 2oz Redken Color Gels Lacquers 7RO + 10vol developer on dry hair. Process for 30 minutes at room temperature, then shampoo and condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics.
- Formula 3: 2oz Redken City Beats in West Village Sunset + 0.5oz Redken City Beats in Big
- Apple Red on dry hair. Process for 20 minutes at room temperature, then shampoo and condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics.