Farouk Systems created this intricate braid as part of the Modern Fairytale campaign from CosmoProf and MODERN SALON.
- Prep the hair by applying a quarter-size amount of CHI Royal Treatment Pearl Complex.
- Mist the hair lightly with CHI Volume Booster, concentrating mainly on the root area to add volume and thickness.
- Section the top in a horseshoe parting from temple to temple, and create a loose Dutch braid. As you’re braiding, use your fingers to gently loosen the strands before securing with a clear elastic band, leaving the ends loose.
- Starting below the parting, place 1” sections of the hair into the CHI LAVA Pro Spin N Curl to create voluminous curls. After the beep, remove the hair and hold it in your hand for a few seconds to set the curl. Repeat from temple to temple, customizing the curl by switching the direction in the back of the head. Using your fingers, loosen and blend the curls.
- Create a medium-size Dutch braid at one temple, and secure it with a clear elastic band, leaving the ends out. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Use another elastic band to connect all three braids in the back, and separate a few strands of hair from the end of the ponytail to twist-wrap around the braids tightly to avoid gaps. Secure with a bobby pin at the back base of the ponytail.
- Spray a light amount of CHI Royal Treatment Ultimate Control on the hair for a versatile, natural hold. Add fl air with a fashionable crown accessory at the back braids.