What NovaLash is Doing About Lyme Disease Awareness
Sophy Merszei is the award-winning Molecular Biologist, Cosmetic Chemist, CEO and founder of NovaLash. For more than 30 years, Merszei has been fighting the unpleasant and often debilitating, symptoms of Lyme Disease. Merszei and Team NovaLash are set to bring awareness to this disease, because early detection is crucial to the treatment and can prevent the disease from progressing. Education is the first step to prevention.
Lyme Disease is caused by bacterium Borrelia Burgdorferi and is transmitted through a bite of an infected tick. Lyme Disease symptoms mimic other diseases, which makes it extremely difficult to diagnose. It can affect any system of the body, including the brain, nervous system, muscles, and heart.
- Symptoms: Skin Rash, fatigue, headache, muscle and joint pain, fever, etc.
- How to be diagnosed: Signs and symptoms of illness, blood tests, or history of possible exposure to ticks.
- How to help prevent Lyme Disease: Wear repellent, thoroughly check your skin for ticks, shower soon after being outdoors, and visit your doctor.
- Lyme is the fastest growing infectious bacterial disease in the USA.
- Each year, approximately 30,000 cases of Lyme Disease are reported.
- New cases of Lyme increased by 340% between 1993-2013.
- Children around the ages of 5 through 15 are thought to be most at risk of contracting Lyme Disease.
- Lyme Disease causes well over 100 different symptoms.
- 42% of people who contract Lyme Disease can become disabled and unable to work or continue normal daily activities at some point in their lives.
Celebrities with Lyme Disease
- Super model, Christy Turlington
- Late Night host, David Letterman
- Soprano's actress, Jamie Lynn Sigler
- Former President, George W. Bush
- "Joy Luck Club" author, Amy Tan
- Real Housewife & former model, Yolanda Foster
- Hall & Oates musician, Daryl Hall
- "The Color Purple" author, Alice Walker
- Actor, Alec Baldwin
- Domestic diva, Martha Stewart
- Actor, Richard Gere
- Singer, Avril Lavigne
Join Team NovaLash to help create an impact and increase Lyme Disease awareness by purchasing a limited edition NovaLash Lyme T-shirt. For each super soft NovaLash Lyme T-shirt purchased, NovaLash will donate $5 to the American Lyme Disease Foundation. If you want to take your generosity to the next level, donate directly to American Lyme Disease Foundation (ALDF) by clicking the link on our website or go to http://www.aldf.com/.
Our Gift to You for Your Donation
In honor of Sophy’s courageous battle, NovaLash is launching a charitable giving push throughout the month of May in 2018. For every donation you make in May 2018 to the American Lyme Disease Foundation (ALDF), NovaLash will give you FREE product. Simply email NovaLash your receipt from the ALDF showing the donation you made in the month of May 2018 to [email protected] along with your contact information, and you will receive the item(s) below.
Tier 1 FREE Gift
$5-$14.99 donation – (and/or post one of our facts above) FREE Dragon Tree eyeshadow
Tier 4 FREE GIFT
$100-$249.99 donation - Everything listed in the $25 tier plus a 24-hour Sugar Candy Mountain Eyeshadow Triptych
Tier 5 FREE GIFT – Heroine Gift Pack
$250 and up donation - One of every 24hr Cream Shadow Triptych, mascara by NovaLash, and a FREE NovaLash Lyme T-Shirt
Available to the continental US. While supplies last.