HOW-TO: Sophisticated Bun from BioSilk
Hair: Tammy Mixon
Photographer: Mohammed Ghanayem
Makeup: Karoline Lozano
The perfect bun isn't always easy to achieve, but these ste-by-step instructions from BioSilk will guide you through creating an effortless-looking updo for clients that they can wear to a variety of events.
- Apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Lite throughout the hair for added shine and protection.
- Brush the hair back, and begin taking large sections at the top, slightly angeling to one side (no defined part).
- Spray each section with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray - Natural Hold, and curl with the BioSilk 1.5-inch Titanium Curling Iron.
- On the sides, curl the sections at an angle in an upward and back position. At the nape, direct all curls in an upward direction.
- Spray each section before curling with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finshing Spray- Natural Hold, and clip.
- When curls have cooled, begin the styling by removing the clips and applying a small amount of BioSilk Silk Therapy through the curls to loosen.
- Next, part a 1-inch section at the front hairline.
- Using the BioSilk 1.5-inch Titanium Curl Iron, rub the iron over the bsae of seach section to smooth and over-direct each curl.
- Curl allowing the curl to fall naturall and frame the face (leave these curls untouched until the last step).
- Section the hair from ear to ear, and clip. Take the back section and brush it all to the top. Spray with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray - Natural Hold to smooth and control flyaways.
- Create a high ponytail, and secure with a band.
- Take the top section, and dive it into two sections. Backcombing the entire top section, spray it with BioSilk Silk Theray Finsihing Spray - Natural Hold. Smooth the section closest to the base of the ponytail. Comb it back and around the base, leaving the ends free.
- Take the second top section, smooth it, and comb slightly to the side.
- Wrap the ends around the base of the ponytail, with the very ends free.
- Comb the remaining ends, and wrap around the pony to create loose twirls.
- Take the second piece of hair, and split it into two. Leave one piece loose to frame the face, then repeat the previous step on the other side.
- Take the ponytail, and wrap it around into a high bun. Secure it with pins.
- To finish, take the remaining front curls and divide.
- Apply a small amount of BioSilk Silk Therapy Silk Pomade to the curls to define the sift cascading tendrills.
- Spray with BioSilk Hair Spray - Natural Hold.