NYFW: Low Ponytail and Natural Texture Looks by Kevin Hughes for Oscar de la Renta and Moroccanoil
Moroccanoil Artistic Director Kevin Hughes created two distinct looks for Oscar de la Renta's Spring 2019 presentation. The low ponytail is a modern take on the girl who is consumed by wanderlust. It represents the sophisticated and effortless style of today's minimalist traveler. The second look emphasizes women who are embracing their natural texture.
"The world is diverse, and you will see that represented in the models throughout the show," Hughes said.
Recreate the Low Ponytail:
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment—or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer tones—to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Spray Moroccanoil Perfect Defense throughout the hair to protect before blow drying the hair using Moroccanoil Professional Series Ceramic Hair Dryer.
- Use a small amount of Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion throughout every section to prep the hair before flat ironing.
- Then straighten every section with the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron.
- Center part the hair, then secure the hair with clear elastic in the back creating a low ponytail.
- Next, take hair from underneath and wrap around to cover the elastic.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to hold hair in place.
Recreate the Natural Look:
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment –or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer tones—to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Taking small sections of hair, use a generous amount of Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream in fingertips, and twist the hair around fingers to create a defined curl.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to keep an appearance of texture and dimension throughout the hair.