EMMY AWARDS: Yara Shahidi's Romantic Texture by Kenra Professional
LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 17: Yara Shahidi attends the 70th Emmy Awards at Microsoft Theater on September 17, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.Photo By Kevin Mazur/Getty Images
Yara Shahidi (Nominee: Outstanding Comedy Series – Black-ish) graced the red carpet at the 70th Emmy Awards with hair styled by Nai’Vasha Johnson.
Inspiration: “My inspiration was the delicate, romantic style of Yara’s gown. I wanted to keep Yara’s natural curl while playing up the shape of her hair to accentuate the details of her dress,” said Johnson.
Step by Step:
- Saturate hair with Kenra Platinum Luxe One Leave-In and brush thoroughly with a paddle brush
- Gently brush hair into desired ponytail placement and secure with a hair tie
- Take a palm full of Kenra Curl Glaze Mousse 13 and apply around the base of the hair to promote hairs natural texture while also minimizing flyaways
- Use a small amount of Kenra Platinum Hydro Gel 13 on the ponytail and brush to define the curls
- Wrap hair into a knot and secure with a bobby pins Lightly mist the completed look with Kenra Platinum Revive Oil and Kenra Platinum Finishing Spray 26