How to Pump Up the Glam…With Your Flat Iron!
“I don’t normally pick up a flat iron to create curls or waves,” says Michele Pritchard, aka @michelepritchardhair, “but this iron is my new go-to!” Michele is referring to the new Black Gold Ionic Salon Flat Iron from HOT Tools, which features innovative engineering that allows stylists to effortlessly create a variety of wave and curl shapes, in addition to smoothing and straightening clients’ hair. According to Michele, it’s all about the iron’s unique, cylindrical shape, which allows you to maintain massive volume in the hair, even as you’re flat ironing. It also creates luscious texture.
Watch Michele create glam waves with her HOT Tools Professional Black Gold Salon Flat Iron.
Michele is known for her glam waves—her clients love the sexy, bouncy style. Here’s how she uses the 1-inch Black Gold Ionic Salon Flat Iron to create the look:
- Divide the hair into fine, narrow sections, beginning at the nape.
- Lift each section to encourage volume at the root, and warm it with one pass of the iron.
- Return to the warmed section, insert the iron at the base and rotate your wrist forward until the length of the section is between the plates of the iron.
- Lift the section, grasp the tip with your fingers and slowly draw the iron along the strand to the end.
- Release the section and give the curl a twirl to encourage the formation of the shape.
- Work up the head in this manner. “The more volume you want, the higher you should lift each section,” Michele advises. “For full-blown body, lift the hair straight up. For a more relaxed shape, drop the section slightly.”
- Allow the hair to cool completely, then blend the curls with a cushioned styling brush or wide-tooth comb.
See four more ways to create texture with the HOT Tools Black Gold Ionic Salon Flat Iron.