NYFW: Beauty At Veronica Beard F/W 2019
The look created by Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil Artistic Director, for the Veronica Beard F/W 2019 collection.Photo By jason carter rinaldi
The hair for the Veronica Beard Fall/Winter 2019 collection was simple, sweet and wearable, but with a twist. “This look was inspired by a city-chic woman who has been dropped in the middle of the woods,” said Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil Artistic Director. “The hair is meant to embrace each woman’s natural texture – straight, wavy or curly.”
Here Hughes shares how-to get the look:
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment –or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer tones—to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Use Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream from mid lengths to ends and blow dry using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush and Moroccanoil Professional Ceramic Hair Dryer.
- Put in a center parting.
- Gather the hair low at the nape of the neck and use an elastic and secure hair in a low pony tail.
- Gently pull the hair above the elastic to release the top portion of the hair so it has an undone, soft feel and gives you a beautiful profile silhouette.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.
- Place a piece of fabric or a scarf around the elastic and double knot and create a one-sided bow.
- DESIGN TIP: To add more texture to the hair, use the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Curling Iron to create a slight bend throughout the hair.
MODERN met with Hughes while he was prepping the hair. Check out this interview and watch through to the end to learn how-to get on his fashion week team:
The nails were also special, keeping with the theme of opulence meets the great outdoors. Check out this interview with Nail Artist Julie Kandalec who layered three different essie shades, all in the pink family, for the feminine finish: