Bring It On
Here we are, wrapping up the last 12 months with our final issue of the year. And what a year it’s been.
There’s no perfect way to sum up 2020. We’ve all experienced a dizzying amount of changes in such a short time. We found ways to cope, took long walks and deep breaths, and tried to hold on during this very bumpy ride.
At MODERN SALON, we’ve been so inspired by the resilient spirit of stylists, everywhere, who have moved through this period, motivated by their love for the craft and their care for their clients.
In this issue, we get to hear from some of them…
- We see photo shoots from creative teams who found ways to get together and collaborate on beautiful imagery.
- We’ve got advice for stylists new to the industry on how to start off on the right foot.
- We profile an artist passionate about creating opportunity for other artists of color.
- We’re impressed by the story of a stylist who persevered and opened her salon, despite setbacks.
- We’re advised by a stylist and coach on how to change your pricing structure as we go into 2021.
Instead of analyzing and doing a post-mortem on the past year, we’re going to be grateful for all the support you’ve given us which helped us get through it. We’re focusing on what’s ahead.
Because as stylist Meagan Gallman says, “Bring on 2021, because we are different hairstylists from 2020. We are stronger and we are ready.”
Thank you for all you do!
Anne Moratto, Director, Brand Content Strategy, MODERN SALON