THEUNSEEN Beauty, a material innovation R&D house that develops intelligent materials using color and visual data, combined forces with Schwarzkopf Professional to create Colour Alchemy. Inspired by colors found in nature, the color formula is delivered in the form of five prismatic, color-changing hair dyes that create holographic effects. As part of the initial rollout, the product is available to stylists at salonory.com.
"To me true Alchemy melts together collaboration and curiosity to discover something truly new," said Lauren Bowker, founder of THEUNSEEN. "Together with SKP we formulated Colour Alchemy with a view to put something truly innovative into the hands of our community. The exciting part comes now when you create."
The Colour Alchemy collection is inspired by the bright iridescent colors found in nature. The Colour Alchemy effect is designed to replicate visual effects of natural color phenomenon found only in nature such as a peacock feather or the shell of a Scarab beetle. Unlike static pigmented color, each shade scatters the light in a range of kaleidoscopic hues, which transform and shift in response to temperature.
The effects do not require pre-lightening or bleaching treatment, even on the darkest hair base. Hairdressers can now create unique colors in tonal spectrums with no damage to the hair.
Colour Alchemy: The Formulas
Housed in dark and minimalistic packaging, Colour Alchemy has an alchemical feel, using black-on-black materials. The collection is inspired by the transformational phases of Alchemy developed across five prismatic, color-changing shades:
- SCARAB | See it action HERE
- Visible applied color: none
- Prismatic color change: solar orange, jasmine green, lapis blue
- Suitable for bases: 1-3
- PEACOCK | See it action HERE
- Visible applied color: petrol blue
- Prismatic color change: peacock green, cyanine blue, ultraviolet
- Suitable for bases: 1-4
- BOREALIS | See it action HERE
- Visible applied color: iris purple
- Prismatic color change: clover green, flame orange, imperial violet
- Suitable for bases: 3-6
- ANDRITE | See it action HERE
- Visible applied color: azalea pink
- Prismatic color change: emerald green, cobalt blue, ruby purple
- Suitable for bases: 4-6
- PHOENIX | See it action HERE
- Visible applied color: amber red
- Prismatic color change: burnt orange, pollen yellow, ultraviolet
- Suitable for bases: 4-6
How to Use
Apply Colour Alchemy products to clean, dry hair. The ready-to-use color gel can be applied by using a brush, sponge, or with hands. The holographic hair color effects are produced by the combination of both heat and light.
Color Changing Triggers
- Moving from shade to sunlight and vice versa
- Using a heat source e.g., heat lamps, hairdryer
- Body temperature - natural warmth of the head, shoulders, or hands
- Cooling wind or a warming breath
View Colour Alchemy online via Schwarzkopf Professional's website: schwarzkopfpro.com/colouralchemy and across digital channels.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.