Announcing the Balayage & Boho Top 5 Finalists!
FINALIST: Sydney Lopez
2. Add extensions starting above occipital bone and up to crown. Set a few aside for top of the hair.
3. Mist Redken Iron Shape 11 throughout. Separate into 3 sections, then use GHD curling iron to curl lowest section of hair, alternating directions. Set with TIGI Masterpiece Mega Shine Spray.
4. Top section: attach two extensions and cover with Redken Braid Aid 03. Inverted fishtail braid around crown.
5. Add two Dutch braids worked into existing crown braid.
6. Middle section: create four unique braids. Add hair jewelry and flowers.
7. Curl remaining hair. Cover all elastics.
8. Finish with CHI Royal Treatment Rapid Shine Spray.
MODERN launched our Balayage & Boho competition in June to promote industry artistry and name one of YOU as the newest member of our exclusive 2017 Artist Collective (which includes @lalasupdos, @omgartistry, @shelleygregoryhair, @mermicornhair, and @hairbysaretta among others).
After narrowing thousands of Balayge & Boho submissions to our 10 semifinalists, the 10 talented stylists were tasked with creating a festival-inspired look. Our Artist Collective judges picked their five favorites!
The five finalists not only earn major bragging rights, but they also receive our sponsor challenge box packed with top-notch products and tools from some of our favorites—Evo, Hempz, Kenra Professional, KMS, Olivia Garden, Paul Mitchell, Pink Pewter, and Varis. These pro beauty brands pulled out all the stops to gift this group with the goodies to help up their styling business and create perfectly undone finishes.
The finalists have ONE MORE challenge before one of them is named the grand-prize winner—and they have to use at least ONE product or tool from the Challenge Box we're sending their way.
Take a look above to view all the semifinalists' submissions, see who the finalists are, and stay tuned as our top five submit their next challenge for a chance at the grand prize. On August 7, public voting opens, and you'll decide who our big winner is!