Announcing the Haute Holiday Top 5 Finalists!
2. Loose curl with flatiron.
3. Mist Kenra Dry Wax spray and loosely French fishtail at the crown, pushing forward to create volume. At lower crown area, braid off scalp and finish fishtail about halfway down hair.
4. Tease hair using Pink Pewter Never-let-me-go comb on left side. Swoop back and pin in place in middle-back of head. Mist Kenra Alcohol-free hairspray.
5. Tease right side and back of head. Swoop back, leaving some face-framing pieces out, twist and tuck into a French twist.
6. Finish by taking fishtail braid and placing on tucked side of French twist. Pin ends. Add Pink Pewter hair accessory.
MODERN launched our Haute Holiday competition in September to promote industry artistry and name one of YOU as the newest member of our exclusive 2017 Artist Collective (which includes @theconfessionsofahairstylist, @alexfaction, @taylor_lamb_hair, @antestradahair, and @ay_grace, among others).
After narrowing thousands of Haute Holiday submissions to our 10 semifinalists, the 10 talented stylists were tasked with creating a holiday-party-ready look. Our Artist Collective judges picked their five favorites!
The five finalists not only earn major bragging rights, but they also receive our sponsor challenge box packed with top-notch products and tools from some of our favorites—Kenra, Agadir, Pink Pewter, Lakme, X-Fusion by Toppik, Moroccanoil, Living Proof and Hot Tools. These pro beauty brands pulled out all the stops to gift this group with the goodies to help up their styling business and create polished, picture-perfect finishes.
Our Artist Collective judges picked their five favorites, and those five were sent a Challenge Box with goodies from Fave4, TIGI and Ulta Beauty to create a final style using at least one product or tool from the Challenge Box.
The finalists have ONE MORE challenge before one of them is named the grand-prize winner—and they have to use at least ONE product or tool from the Challenge Box we're sending their way.
See who the finalists are, and stay tuned as our top five submit their next challenge for a chance at the grand prize. On November 7, public voting opens, and you'll decide who our big winner is!