In celebration of its 40th anniversary, OPI recently introduced the Hollywood Collection, in honor of its birthplace. It features 12 colors in four different formulas, celebrating “then” with a nod to vintage Hollywood glamour, and “now” with the season’s most trendsetting colors.
OPI’s Hollywood History
Did you know that OPI first made its big screen debut in 2001 in the iconic movie, Legally Blonde? (No one can forget the iconic bend and snap beauty salon scene!) From there, the brand has appeared in films ranging from Alice in Wonderland to Fifty Shades of Grey, and worked with celebrrity brand ambassadors, like Katy Perry, Kerry Washington and Serena Williams.
“Over the past 40 years, we’ve taken a wonderful tour around the world with our destination collections. Now, to mark our anniversary, we’re headed home to the home state of OPI, with the first stop being Hollywood,” says OPI Co-Founder and Brand Ambassador Suzi Weiss-Fischmann.
“We’re introducing a beautiful mix of neutrals paired with pops of color,” adds OPI Global Director of Color Collections Jill Bartoshevich. “ This collection really brings together diva extravagance and old school glamour. We’ve reinterpreted classic styles and given them a new twist, which is epitomized with the launch of I’m Really an Actress, an updated version of the bestseller I’m Not Really a Waitress.”
- Suzi Calls the Paparazzi - A pop of pretty persimmon pink to hit the tabloids and create nail fashion frenzy.
- I’m an Extra - Extra special that is! OPI brings us extra-ordinary passionate pink to please any nail palette.
- Movie Buff - OPI is on the big screen! Featuring a provocative kiss of color that will make nails blush.
- Hollywood & Vibe - Your nails will stop traffic. A vibe-rant combo of ravishing pink roses and lilacs
- Bee-hind the Scenes - Special props to a sunshine yellow sure to brighten any movie or manicure set.
- Destined to be a Legend - Ready for your close-up? This brilliant blue makes your nails the stars that legends are made of.
- Rated Pea-G - Approved by all audiences, OPI premieres a glamorous green gleam of color. Get in line!
- Oh You Sing, Dance, Act and Produce? - OPI fans want it all! Enjoy a blockbuster blue that never skips a beat.
- Award for Best Nails goes to…* - Nails sparkle with winning color to capture the essence of legendary Hollywood.
- I’m Really an Actress - Got a plum part! My nails will star in OPI’s newest, hottest Hollywood Collection. My role? I’m Not Really a Waitress.
- 15 Minutes of Flame - A lush and luminous fuschia that makes nails famous forever, not minutes!
- Emmy, have you seen Oscar? - The hunt for the perfect red ends as OPI rolls out the red carpet.
Beginning February 1, 2021, you can shop the Hollywood Collection at OPI.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on NAILS Magazine