For the Oscars, celebrity hair stylist Jacob Rozenberg, created actress Kate Hudson’s modern take on voluminous waves using Great Lengths Hair Extensions. He prepped and styled with KERASILK and he used tools from Varis.
“For tonight's look, we saw the dress and knew we wanted to do something super classic and elegant. We used Great Lengths Extensions to add additional volume and texture to Kate’s hair, keeping her soft waves intact all night long.”
- Jacob prepped Kate’s Hair with KERASILK Volumizing Shampoo and Foam Conditioner (available on Amazon 4/15) to create an ideal foundation for a voluminous look, followed by the KERASILK Treatment recovery hair mask to help repair hair
- He then dried her hair completely with the Varis AirQ Hair dryer and Varis boar brush with ceramic barrel to create maximum shape and style, providing a solid foundation for Great Lengths Tape-In Hair Extensions
- Jacob used 20-inch Great Lengths Tape-In Hair Extensions in the shade RT68-23 Soft Almond (rooted soft champagne blonde) to blend with her natural color seamlessly
- Instead of creating sandwiches and stacking the extensions, Jacob applied the extensions directly at the root, blending Kate’s layers for a more cohesive look.
- Jacob razored the extensions to create an even more seamless blend with Kate’s hair
- Next, Jacob applied additional heat protection before using a 1.5-inch Varis Marcel Curler to create long-lasting shapes
- Jacob finished the look by adding a little KERASILK Taming Balm (available on Amazon 4/15) to smooth hair and give a silky soft finish
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.