Applications are open for Sally Beauty and Cosmo Prof's fourth annual Cultivate Accelerator Program – this year, Cultivate has expanded to include salon pro products through Cosmo Prof, a leading distributor of professional beauty products and education, to better serve the hairstylist community and their diverse clientele.
The Cultivate Accelerator Program offers game-changing support including professional mentorship, funding, and product distribution to uplift entrepreneurs and make cutting-edge products accessible to consumers and pros alike. Black entrepreneurs are some of the fastest-growing but most underfunded groups in beauty, and historically, these entrepreneurs have organically made up a large portion of submissions. Sally Beauty Holdings is proud to help kickstart these businesses, with 7 of the past 8 winners being Black and female-founded.
New for 2023:
- Cultivate has also expanded to include small businesses within the styling tool, hair color & skincare categories.
- To continue to grow and support passionate beauty entrepreneurs, Sally Beauty Holdings partnered with leading online platform, RangeMe, to streamline the application process and connect with a more diverse range of founders amongst underrepresented groups, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ entrepreneurs.
- Driven by prior year insights, to further expand industry commitment within their stylist-first business, Cosmo Prof, the program has committed to selecting a professional brand this year, to better serve industry professionals behind the chair and within the salon space.
- $15K to be used at winner’s discretion to elevate their business
- Distribution to sell products in-store and online
- Brand Cultivation through a transformative 12-month mentorship
To apply, visit sallybeauty.com/cultivate or cosmoprofbeauty.com/cultivate by April 23, 2023.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.